I'm running out of good movies to watch, I'd hate to put a number to how many I've watched, it would be sickening. Any who, what I bring you today are 5 A grade epic movies that most people don't know about. If you don't love 3/5 of the following movies I'll personally write you an apology. If you don't love like any of them then there's probably something particularly abnormal about you.
I've linked the title to the IMDB page and so you can watch these movies immediately, I've put a link to a page to watch the film online immediately after the title. Unfortunately there are some pop up adds initially but once you load the movie, it's uninterrupted goodness.
1. After Hours - LINK - Directed by Martin Scorsese, this film is comedy genius. You think Scorsese does gangster films expertly, well, he is a brilliant comedy director as well. This is one of the funniest films I have seen in years. It details a crazy never ending night one poor man has to endure in New York.
2. Barfly - LINK - Written by Charles Bukowski, Mickey Rourke plays (a little too well) a witty, low life yet regal drunk. It's romantic in it's ideals as Bukowski often is, but so enticing and almost makes you want to take up alcoholism and writing. PS Read Bukowsi's books now, you will love or hate him, but at least you'll have a strong opinion. Fun fact: Bukowski is the basis for the fictional character Hank Moody in Californication.
3. Moon - LINK - Duncan Jones (David Bowie's son) directed this incredibly captivsting psychological sci fi puzzle. Sam Rockwell from the recent Seven psychopaths is so good that even though he is the only character, it's always entertaining. This is a real gem, prefect hungover in bed movie.
4. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind - LINK - Hayao Miyazaki is one of Japan's greatest animation directors. You may know Spirited away. Well, folks, this is his best work and he did it in 1984. Get on it.
5. Barry Lyndon - LINK - If the link doesn't work try google searching: "Barry Lyndon ABC". Stanley Kubrik's first film. An absolute 3 hour epic detailing a huge portion of a man's life in 19th C Europe. This is story telling at it's finest. Absolute submersion in another man's world.